pre-purchased

Thu Jun 13 13:13:41 UTC 2002

The item has been purchased - paid for - but delivery
is at a future promised date.  To me pre-purchase
indicates the item might not even exist at the time of
pre-purchase but is to be made based on hard cash in
advance rather than good faith - the same for
services, cash in advance.  The printer might run a
few extra copies in anticipation of late purchases,
but perhaps yearbooks not pre-purchased will require a
second, custom printing run and will incur additional
charges, or they might not be available at all.

--- FRITZ JUENGLING

=====