silly and off-topic

Wendalyn Nichols wendalyn at NYC.RR.COM
Mon Jun 17 19:27:50 UTC 2002

I used to keep a running list of chuckle-inducing UK place names, though
I've not been able to find it for a while. My favorite is still Nether Wallop.

Apropos of rounders: when I was working for Longman in the UK,  we used to
take the odd afternoon off, go to the Old Harlow pub, then play rounders in
the Harlow town park. It suited me fine, because you get to run whether you
actually hit the ball or not.