-og words

Wed Jun 19 11:53:53 UTC 2002

Broadly indeed. I always narrowly define dialect speakers as those
who conflate this opposition, thereby revealing a sloppiness of
thought and mind (just like some others have accused /E/-/I/
conflaters, although they conflate this pair only before nasals). I
won't even discuss the obvious laziness and attendant moral depravity
of "horse"-"hoarse" conflaters.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston