"Watchable wildlife"

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Sat Jun 22 01:44:40 UTC 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, George Thompson wrote:

>One never knows what a legislature intends.  But among wildlife-
>voyeurs, of which I am one, I think the phrase is taken to mean that
>whereas most wildlife, other than birds, is elusive and seldom seen,
>there are some spots where the chances of seeing an interesting critter
>is better than usual.  I recall being referred to the town dump in

Interesting. Don't go back into hiding yet, please. Do wildlife voyeurs
actually use the word "watchable" that way - or do you just accept that
others do? I.e., would you say that such-a-such a place has lots of
"watchable wildlife"?

Bethany