"Windy City" in today's Wash. Post

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 24 03:24:46 UTC 2002

   From the WASHINGTON POST, 23 June 2002 (Dow Jones database):

_You Go, Studs; Chicago Is Terkel's Kinda Town_
by Cindy Loose
(...)
   I also learn that the "Windy CIty" is actually the country's 14th windiest city, and the nickname had nothing to do with wind.  New York leaders coined the phrase in the 1890s after talkative civic leaders from Chicago who kept "blabbing about how great Chicago was in order to win a world's fair," a tour guide says.

(Awright, so you can add the Washington Post to the list of national newspapers to get this wrong and probably not correct it.  But what I wanna know is, why is a girl named Loose hanging out with a guy named Studs?--ed.)