Off Off Topic

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jun 25 18:10:24 UTC 2002

At 1:57 PM -0400 6/25/02, Bethany K. Dumas wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, James A. Landau wrote:
>
>>Seriously, this is the second time in two days that you have used the
>>expression "our bad" or "my bad".  I don't recall ever having heard this
>>expression before.
>
>Where have you been HIDING? Or who have you been hanging with? I have been
>hearing it and occasionally using it for at least 10-12 years, I think.

We had a major thread on this way back when.  (I think I may have
kicked it off.)  I then got written up as an "expert" informant in a
Bob Greene column on the topic, so I'm particularly fond of the
expression.

larry

P.S.  To be exact, Oct.-Nov. 1997, if anyone wants to consult the archives

P.P.S.  And if anyone is wondering, after I inadvertently outed
myself in what I thought was a one-on-one message that went out to
the list, the reason I'm going in for chemotherapy is that I was just
(a little over a month ago) diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, of
a particularly aggressive form (mantle cell).  So I'm in for six
months of intensive chemo, as a periodic in-patient, but my infirmary
room has a port for my laptop (as I myself do, for the IV), so I'll
be able to check in.  And I'm very much looking forward to bringing
along the Allen Walker Read volume as my bedside reading.