An initial 4A N2...?

Sun Jun 30 20:05:49 UTC 2002

>I don't follow this, especially since the "technical vocabulary" you
>cite is then restricted to "with reference to the Xs who use it."
>What about the rest of us?

More importantly, if anyone publishes a book which employees must
learn words or terms from have those items "lost" their slang status
by that means alone?

That "homer" (home-team favoring unmpire) is not slang is very odd to
me. It is not "necessary" in any sense except that those who deal
with baseball must know it. I think there is a confusion here of
slang which is slang but is jargon at the same time technical speech,
or jargon, which is not slang. And history, of course, can always
muddy things.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston