Banoffee Pie; Tuatara ("living fossil")

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 1 05:16:37 UTC 2002

TUATARA--an animal that looks like an iguana.  Twice, I've read that this animal is called a "living fossil."

ELSIES FINGER--seen just once for a biscuit.

STICKY DATE PUDDING--seen several times here.

HOKEY POKEY BISCUITS--the biscuits were seen just once or twice, unlike "hokey pokey" ice cream.

CHOCOLATE CHARLIE--Chocolate ice cream.  Another ice cream flavor is Banana Berry.  Why add "Charlie" to this?  The ice cream guy didn't know--that's just the company's name.  I didn't yet check Google.

HELI-HIKES--seen once, by the glacier.  A word?

BANOFFEE PIE--In the FOOD FOR FLATTERS (2001) cookbook, by the Edmonds Baking Company of New Zealand.  The Banoffee web site appears to be www.banoffee.co.uk/banoffee/.  It supposed started as "Banoffi" at the Hungry Monk in East Sussex, England, in 1971.  It's now at least in two continents.  Are there enough hits to enter it in a dictionary?