Tammy's (Tim Tams)

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 1 13:40:32 UTC 2002

In a message dated Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:58:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, Bapopik at AOL.COM writes:

>    One New Zealand store advertised "Choc Tammy's Biscuits."
>    "Arnott's since 1865" sells "Tim Tam," which it lists as "original.

"Tim Tam" was the name of the racehorse which won the 1958 Kentucky Derby and Preakness.  (At the Preakness his race was the subject of what was, to the best of my knowledge, the first ever instant replay.)  I seem to recall that Tim Tam's owner stated that "Tim Tam" was the nickname of an English nobleman the owner was acquainted with.

        - Jim Landau