Piggyback Plant (Tolmiea)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 5 09:31:10 UTC 2002

BIG A--See my posts on this in the ADS-L archives.  Aqueduct was renovated in the 1950s.  Only AFTER the renovation did I see "Big A" used.  In 1917, it was called Ancient Aqueduct.  Belmont Park--never called the Big B--was bigger.

PIGGYBACK PLANT (Tolmiea)--OED has this from 1946.  One person in my group insists that her relative, Margaret Lieb, came up with the name during the Depression.  I'll have to ask for verification.

HERMITAGE DRINKS--
CHEEKY KEA--Brandy, Strawberry Liqueur, Frangelico, Midori and Cream
GLACIER EXPLORER--Baileys, Kahlua, Frangelico and White Curacao with a touch of Cream
RED TARN--White Rum, Strawberry Liqueur and Pineapple Juice with added coconut cream
SEFTON HUT--Vodka, Compari, Grenadine and Orange Juice
MOUNT COOK SUNSET--White Rum, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice and Pineapple Juice with Grenadine