Flightseeing

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Mar 6 00:47:45 UTC 2002

   "Flightseeing" is not in the OED.  It's "sightseeing" from a plane.  Google shows a remarkable 22,900 hits.  Lexis/Nexis?
   A brochure picked up at my last stop has: "The recognised 'Premier' Mount Cook Flightseeing Experience."  (www.airsafaris.co.nz)

MISC.
   Greetings from Chirstchurch, New Zealand.
   No one from the Rusty Thomas Menu Collection at that Hawaiian college has e-mailed me back.  I asked for the drink menus to search for "Mai Tai."  It's been over a week.
   I sent Frank Haden ("Words Worth" of THE PRESS, Christchurch) David Barnhart's message and asked Haden to join the ADS.  I got no reply.  Maybe it's our expensive $35 annual dues?