strip "pididdle," anyone?

Wed Mar 6 13:26:46 UTC 2002

Now that p/fa(r)- variants have been listed, I am struck by the
similarity of this apparent prefix to the augmentative ka/e(r)-
prefix ),KABOOM, kerflop, which Fred Cassidy wrote about many years
ago (though the 'p' replacement for 'k' seems odd.

I am also struck by the phonetic resemblance to the Red Skelton bogus
hillbilly character "Clem Cadiddlehopper".

dInIs