strip "pididdle," anyone?

Indigo Som indigo at WELL.COM
Wed Mar 6 19:42:20 UTC 2002

>Late 60s, New York suburbs, padiddle (let's spell it right, damnit!)

I never even thought of the spelling until just now!

>involved a single burned out headlight. The person who called it first got
>to punch someone else. I don't remember a version with kisses as a reward,
>but that might be because I remember the game as played by a group of girls
>riding around together.

Me too. I never heard of the kiss version at all. I think it was a punch or
a pinch. Marin County CA, early 80s -- but fwiw I learned it from a friend
whose parents were originally from the East Coast, & I always had the
impression it was an "old-fashioned" thing from her mother. It was not
widespread at all. Also, there was a distinction between pididdle &
pidaddle. Can't remember now if it correlated to right vs. left headlight,
or headlight vs. taillight.

Indigo Som
indigo at well.com

You always wanna hear the same old song