booty call

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 6 21:45:05 UTC 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Lynne Murphy wrote:

> --On Wednesday, March 6, 2002 11:46 am -0800 Indigo Som <indigo at WELL.COM>
> wrote:
>
> > Have we talked about "booty call" on this list? I first heard it just a
> > few months ago, then immediately saw it *everywhere*, & realized I had
> > been way out of the loop. But the question is: how long has booty call
> > been around & where did it come from?  (or: how out of it am I!?)
>
> Well there was a 1997 movie by that name

Billboard (23 Apr. 1994) noted that there was a single titled "Da Booty
Call" recorded by Da KO Boyz.  Freaks of Nature recorded another single
titled "Booty Call" also in the spring of 1994.

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Public Services     YALE DICTIONARY OF QUOTATIONS
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            Yale University Press,