pididdle -- when the game started

Richard Gage rgage at INTRAH.ORG
Thu Mar 7 17:34:14 UTC 2002

On 7 Mar 2002  at 11:46, A. Murie wrote:

     Does anyone know when this game started?  I may have been
     moving in the
     wrong circles, but I never heard of it during my
     highschool years: 1945-8.

A. Murie

I first heard about "piddiddle" from my dad, who came of driving age
in 1945.  I can't recall all the particulars of the story he told
me, so I've sent him an e-mail.  But apparently, from what I do
remember, teenagers in mid-1940's central Pennsylvania knew all
about "piddiddle."  So the game is at least that old.