ADS newsletter 34.1

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 8 19:09:02 UTC 2002

I'm pleased to announce that, with Grant Barrett's help, the January
newsletter of the American Dialect Society is at last available on our
website. You can download it in pdf form.

It's way overdue, and I apologize for that. Some of the deadlines in the
calls for papers are past, and others loom. It's possible that a deadline
might be extended; you can always ask.

Other contents are of enduring value. You'll find reports on the ADS annual
meeting early this year, and on last year's ACLS meeting; information on new
Presidential Honorary Members, and new books by members. There's also a call
for papers for our 2003 annual meeting in Atlanta. The deadline for that is
in August.

Paper copies have been printed and will be mailed to ADS members next week.
Again, sorry for the delay.

- Allan Metcalf