New Zealand Cookbooks (still more)

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Mon Mar 11 15:56:33 UTC 2002

Laurence Horn wrote:
>At 10:13 AM -0500 3/11/02, Benjamin Fortson wrote:
>>I am getting lots and lots of repeated messages from March 2 on. I am also
>>getting a fair number from LINGUISTLIST. Is anyone else out there who's on
>>both listserves having problems with both? Between the time I logged out
>>Friday afternoon and logged back in this morning, 166 messages had
>>accumulated, more than half of them repeats. This is not good...
>>          The messages are in no discernable order.
>>
>I've been getting the same ADS-L regurgitata as everyone else, but
>nothing from Linguist List (just the new messages), so the two
>syndromes are distinct.

OK...I just looked at the headers on one of the duplicate messages
(I'll forward them to you separately, if you want, Jesse). A server
at the University of North Dakota is bouncing these back to the
ADS-L. I thought all list software these days was set up to prevent
this kind of loop.
Alice Faber                                             faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                                  tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                                     fax (203) 865-8963