America in So Many Words

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 13 18:31:49 UTC 2002

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Fred Shapiro wrote:

> I am ashamed to admit that I do not own a copy of Barnhart and Metcalf's
> "America in So Many Words."  I am trying to get hold of their list of

Within two days of my posting this message, I received a copy of this fine
book in the mail.  Thanks very much to whoever arranged for it to be sent
to me (David? Allan?).

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Public Services     YALE DICTIONARY OF QUOTATIONS
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            Yale University Press,