missing part of sentence

David Bergdahl einstein at FROGNET.NET
Tue Mar 19 16:31:49 UTC 2002

Part of my msg got lost; text that was sent in square brackets

[I suggest that the "boogeyman" with [u] is the popular] expression of fear
of the Bulgar-man (the heretic) who will sodomize you if you're not good;
cf. the Roman stautes of Priapus warning trespassers to beware (for which
see A HISTORY OF PRIVATE LIFE, vol. 1, p. 212; also see references to
"bogomile") for a similar association of buggery and punishment.