PIE

Jan Kammert write at SCN.ORG
Wed Mar 20 03:46:41 UTC 2002

About a month ago I posted to all of you, asking for help about
Indo-European.  I teach 8th grade and wanted to teach a lesson about
languages, words, and PIE.  Many of you offered me great ideas and
encouragement.  Thank you!  Just today I started my lesson, and my
students are very excited.  They seem as fascinated by the subject as
I am.
Three of them even said they want to be linguists!!!  They wanted to know
what is the difference between a linguist and an etymologist.  I don't
know.  Who can tell me?
Thanks again,
Jan