Wrigley Field

Kathleen E. Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Tue Mar 26 17:09:21 UTC 2002

Nothing definitive but, isn't it attributed it to Ernie Banks? The phrase I
remember (well remember being told rather) -- "It's a beautiful day for a
game in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. The only day game in the
league. Let's play two!" That would put it in the late-50's.