parentified

Peter Farruggio pfarr at UCLINK4.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri May 10 14:15:42 UTC 2002

We use it in immigrant research.  Refers to the fact that young kids with
non-English speaking parents must serve as their interpreters with the
outside world, especially with gov't bureaucracies, health care,
storekeepers, etc

Pete Farruggio