Squat - revisited

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed May 29 17:00:13 UTC 2002

 James A. Landau writes:

(>Now for a serious question: is it just me, or do others on this list find
it jarring to >hear "y'all" followed by an appositive, i.e. "y'all Kentucky
corn-crackers kin"?)

>P.S.  Yes, I am resolving the grammatical ambiguity in the message by
>>construing "kin" as "relatives of the corn-crackers" rather than as a
>misspelling >of the auxiliary verb "can".
~~~~~~~~
Why?  It strikes me as a bit of a stretch -- having to assume that dInIs is
addressing his own kin -- when it isn't really necessary to your point,
anyway.
"Kentucky corn-crackers" can still stand in apposition by itself.
A.Murie