Amush

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Fri May 31 09:02:25 UTC 2002

 >A subscriber has asked about the word 'amush'. He wrote: "It was
encountered in an email I'd received, it stated, 'my mind has been running
me amush the past few days.'

This looks to me like an error for "[running] amok" under influence of
something else, perhaps the "Mush!" supposedly uttered to urge on the sled
dogs and/or plain "mush" (as in "my mind is turning to mush").

The Web instances of "amush" are largely errors for "ambush" -- which I
think the quoted ones are -- or else instances of a Hebrew salutation --

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/6181/HebglossA.html

-- but a few seem to be Linux-related ... I suspect just somebody using the
Hebrew expression as a cognomen.

I have passed the inquiry along to a respected authoritative Linux-loving
geek, and I'll respond further if any further information should appear.

-- Doug Wilson