ameripop to britpop

joshua nerd_core at EXCITE.COM
Mon Nov 4 01:02:58 UTC 2002

 Of course, along these same lines are a handful of American punk bands from the early nineties, most notably Green Day, who spoke pretty standard American English in interviews but adopted bad Brit accents when they sang. Maybe an attempt to sound like the Brit-punk (the Sex Pistols, etc.) that they all grew up with?

-Joshua