Being Googled

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Wed Nov 6 23:27:24 UTC 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Lesa Dill wrote:

#Mark A Mandel wrote:
#> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Bethany K. Dumas wrote:
#> #On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Lesa Dill wrote:
#> #Why isn't it "Yahoo! John >Smith" or "DogPile John Smith"?
#> #
#> #I don't know.
#>
#> How about potential confusion, plus what I believe I have read to be
#> Google's preeminence in the amount of use it gets?

        [...]

#Jokes folks. Gees.  Is there an emoticon for sarcasm?   I actually like
#DogPile John Smith myself.

There's always the wink  ;-)  .

The reason for emoticons is that on the Net, nobody can hear your tone
of voice or see your facial expression or body language. Your question
sounded perfectly straightforward to me, and evidently to Bethany, too.

-- Mark A. Mandel