Kazoo

paulzjoh paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Mon Nov 11 00:14:13 UTC 2002

Is this from a novelty catalog from 1880 to 1930?
In the novelty business, cheap "musical" instruments were made with pull out
multi folded paper  devices, shaped like fans, flags etc.  perhaps this is
what they are referring to.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Millie Webb" <millie-webb at CHARTER.NET>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2002 5:30 PM
Subject: Re.: Kazoo

"....Price 10c.; by mail, 11c. Kazoo with Whip, Cane, Fan or Trumpet
attachment 15c.; by mail 20c. Extra inducements to commercial
travellers starting agencies. Liberal discounts to agents."

Okay, I'll bite.  What is up with having a whip or a cane attached to your
kazoo?   Maybe I am just not imaginative enough?  Or maybe I just haven't
run into "that kind" of kazoo?  -- Millie