Cochlear Implants (addendum)

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Thu Nov 14 22:13:33 UTC 2002

Fred added this:

Peter,

I forgot to add:

More Deaf mainstreaming students with cochlear implants transfer OSD
[Oregon School for the Deaf] from the public schools and I have noticed
them using ASL instead of the
speaking.  I have asked them if they like the implant or not.  Some of
them like it for noisy environment and difficult to listen what other
people talking about.  Other students don't like because their hearing
parents want them to use it for their communications.  It is similiar to
me using my hearing aid for noisy environment that all.

It is same story for 100 years.

Fred