Conduct "Unbecoming"

Steve Kl. stevekl at PANIX.COM
Fri Nov 22 22:24:07 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Kathleen E. Miller wrote:

> And did anyone notice a few weeks back the furor between Mitt Romney and
> Shannon O'Brien over the supposed "misogynistic" "gender specific" "he
> wouldn't have said it I were a MAN" use of the word "unbecoming?"

It was impossible to be within radio/television reception distance of
Massachusetts and not hear it. In fact, WBZ Radio interviewed me (calling
me at home at 6:45 AM) about the whole incident (ten minutes of interview
reduced to a five second sound bite), so actually was a part of the
media circus that ensued.

This incident was written about extensively in the Boston Globe for
several days (and I would imagine the Boston Herald, too). Their archives
should reflect a fair amount of ink devoted to it. The radio folks (Jon
Keller, etc.) also weighed in with commentary.

-- Steve