Junk Food (1960); Senate Bean Soup (1943); Chicken a la King (1911)

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Nov 26 23:03:12 UTC 2002

--On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 12:41 PM -0800 James Smith
<jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> --- "James A. Landau" <JJJRLandau at AOL.COM> wrote:
>> In a message dated 11/26/02 7:13:17 AM Eastern
>> Standard Time, Bapopik at AOL.COM
>> writes:
>>

> .... That has become the motto of the tart
>> lawyer....
>>      - Jim Landau
> \
> Jim, did you coin the phrase "tart lawyer" for a
> lawyer who sues fast food companies for alleged torts,
> or did it come from someone else?

My son (from the safety of Canada) sends two alternate theories:

"Tart lawyers?   Would those be the ones who represent the Queen of Hearts,
or possibly Britney Spears?"

Peter Mc.

                               Peter A. McGraw
                   Linfield College   *   McMinnville, OR