sleigh/slay -- Is there a term for such a pair?

Steve Boatti Ittaob at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 27 00:43:00 UTC 2002

Whatever the correct term is, the general public, I believe, uses "homonym"
for words that sound alike but are spelled differently. See, for instance,
this website which catalogs "triple homonyms":

In my Catholic grammar school in the 1950s, I was taught these were called

Steve Boatti

More information about the Ads-l mailing list