Conduct "Unbecoming" in 1756

Kathleen E. Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Wed Nov 27 20:38:33 UTC 2002

Thanks for all the help on this. I asked for a search of specifically
Westlaw because that's the one database that I don't have access to that I
thought might help in this case.

I had already found the ones in LOC and Lexis, including the 1756
courtmartial of Dekeyser where it states he acted "inconsistent with
character of a gentlemen" and one 5 days later that states he behaved "in a
manner unbecoming." I had even gotten the Articles of War so as to see what
the 23rd one that he was in breach of said before I asked for assistance.

I was simply hoping Westlaw would go earlier.

My bad. Next time I'll be more specific so there's no "double" effort.

Katy

Kathleen E. Miller
Research Assistant to William Safire
The New York Times