parMEzian cheese

Mandy Adkins mnadki01 at MOREHEAD-ST.EDU
Tue Oct 1 20:08:07 UTC 2002

I have an aunt from Italy.  When she first came to live in Kentucky from
Italy, she was constantly correcting anything we said that seemed to come from
Italian.  The biggest of which was parmesian.  She said it should be pronounced
ParemZHAN.