Caffe Latte, Prosciutto (1890); Cappuccino, Zucchini

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Tue Oct 8 13:20:36 UTC 2002

On 8 Oct 2002, at 4:44, Frank Abate wrote:

> PS: I think that there were several antedatings of MW and OED because the
> diets of the lexos there are too bland.

Well, perhaps, but the blander our diets, the quieter our work
environment, which is very helpful to us in making tight deadlines.

But you of all people ought to know, Frank, that pasta e fagioli is
about as bland as food gets!

Your fellow half-Sicilian and fagioli-eater,
Joanne D.