Kosher (Feb. 1847); Armenian menu (1922)

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Tue Oct 15 15:07:03 UTC 2002

Barry Popik's post titled "Kosher (Feb. 1847); Armenian menu (1922)"
reached me looking like this:

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:58:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bapopik at gcom.ru
Subject: Kosher (Feb. 1847); Armenian menu (1922)
   2          52 KB     Audio

KOSHER

I went back to THE OCCIDENT AND AMERICAN JEWISH ADVOCATE. It has "kasher"
in 1843. The November 1846 "kosher" is really "kasher."
However, from February 1847, pg. 553:

On the subject of Shochetim, and the sale of

        <<<<<

And that was all. The text cut off in the middle. I did not try to deal
with the alleged 52K audio file, partly because it'd be a major nuisance
to do so with my current connection and partly because I'm not at all
sure it would be what it purports to be, rather than, say, a nasty
virus.

-- Mark A. Mandel