Virus from Ohiou.edu

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Tue Oct 15 21:01:02 UTC 2002

Yes, I'm afraid OU is the culprit--but this thing is spreading all through
the PC system here.  I've called the computer services people, and they
tell me they've been hit too.  Apparently a virus (klez, I believe) is
finding address books and sending itself to all addressees (if that's the
right jargon).  When I asked what I could do about it, I was told
"nothing"--except maybe to change to a different account for a while that
doesn't go through the OU system.  Can any of you give me better advice???

Meanwhile, I was told to turn off the preview pane, so that messages don't
automatically pop up; and of course never ever open an attachment to weird
messages like the one falsely appended to Popik notes!