Turducken; Blue Hawaii Pizza; Pregnant Windows

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Sun Oct 20 06:51:11 UTC 2002

> On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>
> #   Greetings from my last day in Malta.
<<snip>>
> #  ...Nah, on to food.
> #
> #TURDUCKEN--About 1,300 hits on Google.  Someone here asked me if
> #"turducken" would make the ENCYCLOPEDIA.  I don't know--chief editor
> #Andrew SMith is the turkey guy.  "Turducken" is turkey, duck, and
> #chicken.

To which Mark Mandel responded:

> Anyone else remember the Churkendoose?

Not me, but it looks like a relative of the "Alexander" of a song from
the 1940s:

"Half swan, half goose, Alexander is a swoose."

My first reaction to "turducken" made a primary slice into "turd" and
"ucken", followed by a second split between the noun "uck" and a
verbalizing suffix "-en".  Hence "turducken": a label for the process of
saying "uck" when you see a turd.

Before anybody asks, AFIK this interpretation of "turducken" is my own
invention.  Now that I thunk it up, however, I would suggest finding
some other word if you're tempted to put the portmanteau word on a menu.

-- mike salovesh    <m-salovesh-9 at alumni.uchicago.edu>   PEACE !!!

P.S.: Lest I prompt an attack of Wild Prescriptivists from Outer Space,
the "Not me" with which I began was originally written "Not I".  I just
thought that was too PAAAC (P triple A C), our family putdown
abbreviation for "pedantic accuracy at all costs".