(Almost-)new word sighting

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Oct 20 19:01:32 UTC 2002

>Google has 24 hits on "smoke-easies" (plural), and I found 31 on
>Nexis, mostly from the last couple of years but one going back to
>12/31/97

P.S.  I should have been more careful.  A lot of those 31 involve
"smoke" and "easy" but not "smoke-easy/easies".  (I didn't use quotes
possible around the search item the way I did on google.)  Also, more
substantively, several involve places where you can get away with
smoking other substances than tobacco.  The first cite mentioned
above still applies, though.

larry