Old "Wham Bam" ADS-L archives

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Oct 23 03:09:01 UTC 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 10:43:22PM -0400, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
[...]
> 1968--The book THE WHAM!  BAM!  THANK YOU, MA'AM AFFAIR by Troy Conway was
> published.

That should be "Troy Conway", a pseudonym of Michael Avallone, an
enormously productive writer in various genres.

I recently bought a copy of _The Cunning Linguist,_ which I had to
buy based on the title alone. It's a wonderfully enjoyable "adult"
novel--No. 20 in the "Coxeman" series--featuring a James Bondesque
hero, and a terrific period cover with a Roger Moore type kissing
two microskirted, go-go-booted hotties who hold large phallic
handguns. 1970 for this one; _Wham! Bam!_ was an earlier effort in
this series.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED