New form of a word?

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Wed Oct 23 15:01:12 UTC 2002

Hi all,
I just received this message from one of our administrators:

Staff please be aware that on Thursday you do not have to report and be ready for work until 12:00.  We are flexing your day.

I have never heard 'flexing' used this way.  It is obviously based on 'flexible,' the buzzword that the admin used ad nauseum during recent contract negotiations.  Everything and everyone needs to be 'flexible.'  Anyway, is 'flexing' used this way odd to anyone else?
thanks,
Fritz