Non native speaker?

Herbert Stahlke hstahlke at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Oct 23 18:22:39 UTC 2002

I've heard this phonology from other educated, middle or upper middle class
African Americans from Eastern Virginia.  One of them was an IBM sales rep
serving the Ball State account several years ago whose English was clearly
Tidewater but had D initially and f/v finally.  Could it be a Tidewater
variant?

Herb Stahlke