Odd Question

Hollie B hollieb98 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 28 01:05:38 UTC 2002

Hi,

This question may seem a little absurd, but part of my
class project is to participate in this listserv.  My
question is about the origin of a phrase.  I was
talking to my mother and without realizing, I replied
to something she said with "Believe you me."  Now,
like I said, it's a little odd, but it's something
I've heard my whole life.  I was wondering if anyone
knew where it originated.  If it's just slang for
Eastern KY or something else. And, do you use
punctuation and where?

Thanks,
Annie Bush