I swan

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Mon Oct 28 21:28:20 UTC 2002

An expanded version is heard as well, and probably well beyond northern
Arkansas: "I swanee to my soul!" and "Well, I do swan!" I'd guess it's a
euphemism for "swear," which of course no proper person would want to
admit doing.

Peter Richardson