go-to-hell hat

Herbert Stahlke hstahlke at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Oct 31 04:17:53 UTC 2002

I have a soft, floppy hat with about a two-inch brim that goes all the way
around.  I've heard it referred to here in
Central Indiana and in SW Ontario as a "go-to-hell hat".  I searched that
phrase on Google and got 30 hits, several of which associated that style hat
with the military, especially during the Gulf War.  There were also some
soft floppy hats shown that didn't look like the same design.  How
wide-spread is this term?  Any information on its origins?

Herb Stahlke

More information about the Ads-l mailing list