Carbonated beverages

Mon Sep 2 21:40:21 UTC 2002

So limited (Chicago) is Mike's experience that he believes that "soft
drink" is only a written form (or an "explanatory" one for non-native
speakers).

If he would get in his old VW Peace bus and drive south of
Indianapolis (where he could even find that Bar-B-Que is not a
synonym for "cookout" or "grill"), he would discover otherwise.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Professor of Linguistics