"weird" as a verb

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 3 12:32:29 UTC 2002

Just wondering.... Is anyone looking for citations for "weird" as a verb
meaning something like "to confuse or bother"?
It's something that I've been hearing and using for a while now (like, 7
years at least), and I know it's not localized (people on Mtv use it all the
time).  However, I also know how much we LOVE printed sources and I finally
came across it in print.  It's in Douglas Coupland's 2001 novel "All Families
Are Psychotic".  I've lost the exact page, but if it would be helpful to you
dictonary folk, I'll find it again.

BTW... Y'all have heard this, right?

-dsb
Douglas S. Bigham