British Dialects Book

Wendalyn Nichols wendalyn at NYC.RR.COM
Fri Sep 20 21:45:16 UTC 2002

Chiming in late, due to posting problems: since IPA constitutes
"dictionary-style definitions" for pretty much the whole planet other than
the US, can we distinguish between "phonemic" (US-style) and "phonetic"
prons rather than assuming we're normative and the rest of the linguistic
world is abnormal?

Winking, but not n jest,

Wendalyn Nichols