My old buddy the archiphoneme

Sat Sep 21 17:16:31 UTC 2002

Herb,

Nonsense; you've conflated the vowels of "hoarse" and "horse" and
haven't distinguished /w/ from /hw/ for decades or more. Moral
superiority in phoneme-counting and/or partial neutralization is only
a figment of the self-important Michigan esteem for its own deficient
dialect.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston