Irish Travellers

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Sun Sep 22 21:25:34 UTC 2002

I watched it a few weeks ago. I don't recall use of the terms "Irish
Traveler" or "Traveler." I assumed that they were supposed to be Anglicized
Roma. (But then I had never heard of Irish Travelers when I watched it.)

The terms I recall being used in the movie for the group were "pikey" or
"gypsy."

And I am reasonably certain that Brad Pitt's dialect in the movie is not
intended to be a representation of any real-world speech pattern. It was
supposed to be unintelligible gobbledy-gook.