Fwd: Dictionary inclusion of unworthy words

DAK buchmann at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Sep 23 15:32:08 UTC 2002

I have noticed that technical usages entered the mainstream and left
in a shortened cycle over the twentieth century. Does anyone know
of any statistical studies ?  These usages are not slang, but they are